1/9/12

MTV News: Josh Hutcherson Is One To Watch In 2012

MTV News
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Josh Hutcherson Is One To Watch In 2012
Jan 9th 2012, 15:04

'I'm excited for 'The Hunger Games' to come out and see how that does and hopefully get started on the second one,' up-and-comer tells us. By Kara Warner

Josh Hutcherson in "The Hunger Games" Photo: Lionsgate

It's no secret that we've been keeping close tabs on soon-to-be superstar Josh Hutcherson. After his noteworthy performance in critical darling "The Kids Are All Right" last year, followed by his casting in the coveted role of Peeta Mellark in "The Hunger Games," we are very interested in what Hutcherson is up to these days.

2012 is poised to be Hutcherson's biggest year yet, beginning with "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island," co-starring Vanessa Hudgens and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. "Journey 2" opens in theaters February 10, and less than a month later we'll welcome the release of "The Hunger Games."

We're not the only ones excited for the big-screen version of Suzanne Collins' best-seller. "The Hunger Games" is holding steady as one of the most anticipated movies of the year as voted by you, the fans over at our Movie Brawl.

So it's easy to see why Hutcherson is "One to Watch" this year. MTV News recently caught up with the 18-year-old to talk about his big year.

"2012 is going to be a really big year, I'm looking forward to it," Hutcherson said. "[There's going to be] a lot of press, a lot of traveling with that. I'm excited for 'The Hunger Games' to come out and see how that does and hopefully get started on the second one." In addition to acting, Hutcherson also revealed that he hopes to one day work behind the camera in addition to in front of it.

"I want to get into directing and producing and writing my own stuff at some point. I'm kind of just tiptoeing into that as well," he said. Our "One to Watch" has mentioned actors such as Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Gosling as career role models with regard to the careful choices they've made in choosing films.

"It's all about balance; everything in life is about balance, in my opinion," Hutcherson said. "You have to do the big studio movies to keep people caring about you in a way, and also for me, I've been really fortunate. I haven't done any big studio movies that suck. They've all been good material and that's the most important thing for my career, to choose the right material and to choose the characters that I care about and stories I want to tell. So that's kind of how I've gone about my career since I was 9, more or less."

Check out everything we've got on "The Hunger Games."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment