1/3/12

Music Icon Youssou N'Dour to run for Senegal presidency

The Senegalese music icon, percussionist, occasional actor and Grammy winner yesterday Jan 2nd 2012, announced he is in the race for the presidency of Senegal in the coming elections in February, competing against the country's 85yr old president, Abdoulaye Wade, who is running for third term.
I am a candidate. I will engage in the presidential race. I do not have a university education but the presidency is not something you go to school for. For a very long time, many Senegalese of different backgrounds have called for my candidacy for the presidency next February. I've listened, I've heard and I am responding favorably to their request. I am a candidate. It's a supreme patriotic duty, the best I can give of myself. I am the alternative to the current leadership in place in the country" - N'Dour said in a broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment